Juvenile Justice Program
The Juvenile Justice program provides case management services for juveniles and their families through an array of interactions including residential and comprehensive community-based services. Using a wraparound process, families, professionals and other community members work together as full partners in the process of establishing a needs/strengths-based plan, evaluation of progress, and decision regarding utilization of resources. Youth must have been adjudicated in Third Circuit Court and be placed as a ward with the Wayne County Department of Child and Family Services. Participants are assigned to our agency based on residential zip code and must be assessed by the Juvenile Assessment Center (JAC). When there is no court order the youth and family are able to identify which needs they would like to address and how they would like to address them. A Juvenile Justice Specialist works with the families to coordinate services.
Our community-based program offers:
• Weekly meetings with a program specialist
• Help with linking and coordinating services
• Academic monitoring and support
• Employment assistance and monitoring
• Drug testing
• Referrals to mental health and substance abuse treatment centers
• Service learning projects
• Electronic tethering
• Coordination of foster care and residential care through private providers
For more information call 734-785-7705 x7003.