SUDDs (Stop Underage Drinking/Drugs Downriver) Coalition
The SUDDs vision is for a community where youth, parents, and others are educated about underage drinking and parents and peers are not enablers, a community where there are fewer alcohol related accidents and drug related conflicts and vendors comply with existing laws.
We aim to:
- educate community members about the consequences of underage drinking and other drug use and alcohol/drug related traffic crashes and fatalities
- inform community, especially parents, of new drug trends, including the rise of prescription drug use among teens.
- collaborate with other agencies, organizations and grass-root efforts to prevent and reduce substance abuse.
- network with community officials
- educate alcohol and tobacco vendors
- research city and national policies related to underage drinking
- participate in community service
The SUDDs Coalition meets every third Thursday of the month at 8:30 am at The Guidance Center on 13111 Allen Road (Building 2) in Southgate. Meetings are open to all members of the community. For more information contact us at 734-785-7705 x7346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the SUDDs website at www.sudds.info.
Funding is provided in whole or in part by the Michigan Department of Community Health Bureau of Substance Abuse Services.
Make a difference and donate to the following programs and campaigns.
We greatly appreciate your support.