- This event has passed.
Youth Mental Health First Aid
August 2 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Youth Mental Health First Aid is designed to teach parents, family members, caregivers, teachers, school staff, peers, neighbors, health and human services workers, and other caring citizens how to help an adolescent (age 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addictions challenge or is in crisis. Youth Mental Health First Aid is primarily designed for adults who regularly interact with young people.
Participants will learn how to:
- Recognize signs that a young person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health or substance use crisis
- Initiate conversations that encourage a young person to talk about a mental health or substance use problem
- Discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
- Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis situation
- Check in with one’s own mental well-being and take action as needed
For more information contact Laura Fuller at 313-388-4630 x7043 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a difference and donate to our programs and campaigns.
We greatly appreciate your support.