If you want to lose weight, shape up, ease stress or improve your diet, make a commitment to healthy living today. The RenewYOU Healthy Living program includes small-group nutrition coaching, group sessions on exercise and one-on-one counseling sessions with an Adult & Family Services therapist.
- Healthy cooking classes to teach easy skills to learn at home.
- Menu planning with a variety of fresh food options that are easy for busy families.
- A grocery store tour to teach how to effectively shop for healthy and fresh ingredients.
- A non-threatening environment that introduces exercise and eliminates barriers.
- Instruction on low-level simple exercises that can be done at home.
- Introduction of activities that are fun, enjoyable and can alleviate stress.
- Develop and strengthen the skills needed to thrive in daily life.
- Emotion management to change the relationship with food.
- Stress management tools.
- Counseling sessions covered by insurance.
Before the program begins, we want to get to know you. We start by meeting individually with you and asking questions about your health, goals, types of activity you like and how you handle stress.
During the program, you participate in weekly seminars on nutrition and physical activity that help you set short-term goals that will lead to long-term results. Individual sessions with a counselor will help you reach your goals.
After the program concludes, you are supported. A nutrition counselor will continue to support you for up to three months via telephone or email. We want to ensure that you have what you need to make the most out of everything you have learned in the program.