Supported Employment (SE) is an evidence-based practice that helps people with mental illness find competitive jobs in their local communities with rapid job search and placement assistance. It is based on a match between the strengths, needs and interests of the prospective employee and the identified needs of the employer.
Vocational assessment is conducted to determine strengths needs, interests, and desires related to employment. Supported Employment staff work with clients on tasks such as:
- conducting job search
- complete employment applications
- discuss motivations and barriers
- link with community resources
- offer benefits counseling to Social Security recipients
- provide post-placement support to consumer and employers
Click here for more information.
Make a difference and donate to the following programs and campaigns.
We greatly appreciate your support.