A MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT & CEO KARI D. WALKER
Dear friends, clients, students, staff and supporters,
These are unprecedented times and change happens often and rapidly as the world works to reduce the risk of the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Our community and agency are part of that challenge and together we will find a way to move forward. The Guidance Center temporarily is changing how it provides its services and many of our facilities are closed until April 13, 2020, to protect the people we serve, our staff and the community at large. We are following the recommendations of the Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network, the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in our efforts to reduce the number of face-to-face contacts.
To follow this critical health directive and to continue to provide you with important services, The Guidance Center is offering:
- – Telehealth by phone: Talk to your therapist, psychiatrist or other members of your treatment team on the phone.
- – Telehealth by video: Use your computer, tablet or smartphone to talk to your treatment team.
- – If you receive injections, nurses will be on-site to administer your medication.
- – Intake appointments will be offered by phone or video as well. Some in-person intakes will also be available.
- – Sav-Mor Pharmacy will continue to be open to its customers.
- – Family Medical Center of Michigan will continue to be open on Wednesdays during normal business hours.
Even though we will not be seeing most of you in person during this time, we are still here to support you and make sure your treatment needs are met.
- – If you call our main phone line at 734-785-7700 please follow the prompts, leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
- – If you are experiencing a personal crisis, please contact Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network’s 24-hour Crisis Line at 1-800-241-4949.
- – The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255
- – For emergency Kids-TALK Children’s Advocacy Center forensic interviews, Law Enforcement and Department of Human Services Children’s Protective Services staff may call 734-383-2798.
For nearly 62 years The Guidance Center has been dedicated to its mission to: Nurture development. Foster resilience. Cultivate well-being. As our community and the world continues to adapt during our response to this pandemic, we will continue to update you through our agency website (www.guidance-center.org) and through our social media platforms of Facebook and Instagram. Please follow the agency if you have not yet done so for notification of the most recent updates. We care about you, your family, and our entire community and we thank you for your efforts to work with us as we do everything in our power to continue to provide services to strengthen families and change lives.
Kari D. Walker
March 17, 2020
In order to keep our clients/students, agency staff, and the community safe during the COVID-19 Pandemic, The Guidance Center is closing most of its facilities (including all Head Start, Early Head Start, and GSRP sites already closed in tandem with the K-12 public school closures) from March 17 – April 13, 2020.
However, our staff will continue to provide essential clinical services over the phone or via video, and some intake sessions may take place in person. Our Kids-TALK Children’s Advocacy Center will conduct all appropriate emergency forensic interviews and medical evaluations. The Guidance Center is committed to serving the most vulnerable in our community and we will continue to address all critical needs of our clients, both via telehealth and as our team of professionals work off site.
- If you have a life-threatening medical emergency, please call 911.
- If you are experiencing a personal crisis, please contact Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network’s 24-hour Crisis Line at 1-800-241-4949.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255.
March 23, 2020
Make a difference and donate to the following programs and campaigns.
We greatly appreciate your support.