Children & Youth Services
Children’s Behavioral Health
Children’s Behavioral Health provides an array of mental health services to children and youth ages 5 – 17 with emotional and behavioral challenges. Services include assessment, psychiatric treatment, office and home-based therapy and case management, therapeutic and skill-building groups, wraparound, and around-the-clock crisis screening. Children’s Behavioral Health services focus both on the individual child/youth and the family as a whole. We are committed to help children and families build on their many strengths in order to lead fulfilling, productive lives.
The Juvenile Justice program uses the Wraparound philosophy to provide home-based rehabilitative delinquency services to the youth and families in the program. Click here for more information.
Prevention and Diversion Services
Our youth empowerment services provide support, guidance and positive opportunities that help youth ages 7-17 develop their skills and make safe, healthy choices. We offer developmentally appropriate opportunities focused on social, emotional, academic and behavioral needs through a variety of services including:
- SUDDs (Stop Underage Drinking/Drugs Downriver) Coalition
- Teen coalitions
- River Rouge Prevention Policy Board (RRPPB) youth membership
- Lifeskills training groups
- Aggression replacement training groups
- Bullying prevention groups
- Academic assistance
Now you can use web and mobile tools to help you get better and stay mentally strong. myStrength is safe and secure and offers personalized resources to improve your mood.
To sign up for myStrength:
1. Visit www.myStrength.com and click “Sign Up”
2. Enter your information, and the following Access Code:
- if you are a Member/Consumer: DWMHAc
- if you are Care Giver/Guardian: DWMHAcare
- if you are a Community Member: DWMHAp
- if you are a Provider staff person for personal use: DWMHAstaff
3. Complete the myStrength sign-up process with a brief Wellness Assessment and personal profile.
4. Go mobile! Using the access code above, get the myStrength app for iOS and Android devices at www.mystrength.com/mobile
The Ryan White Part C Program is a federal grant program designed to improve primary health care for people living with HIV.
Following federal poverty guidelines, the program may be able to either pay or help pay for any primary care service that is
- Deemed necessary by the eligible person’s physician
- Not covered by the person’s health insurance or an existing program
The scope of services is broad because individual needs vary. These services include but are not limited to:
- Dental care
- Counseling services
- Nutrition assessment
- HIV/AIDS-related eye care
- Medication purchases
- Insurance premiums and co-pay assistance
For more information talk to your case manager or therapist or visit dchcquality.com.
Make a difference and donate to the following programs and campaigns.
We greatly appreciate your support.