Great Start Readiness Program
The Guidance Center’s Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) is a high quality preschool program for four-year-old children with factors that may place them at risk of low educational obtainment.
What do we offer?
Full day classes Monday – Thursday
Certified teachers who work in partnership with parents
A safe, nurturing learning environment
Five program locations:
- Sunnyside Children’s Center in Huron, MI
- Walter White Elementary in River Rouge, MI
- Erving Elementary in Woodhaven, MI
- Yake Elementary in Woodhaven, MI
- Hamilton School in Lincoln Park, MI
What is our goal?
Our primary goal is to provide four-year-old children, who may be at risk of low educational obtainment, with a high quality preschool experience that will prepare them socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically for school and for life.
Who can receive services?
Families with a four-year-old child who reside in or near the program locations are welcome to enroll if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Age of child verified by birth certificate
- Residency of the family
- Annual income
- Documented factors that place the child at educational risk:
- Extremely low and low family income
- Diagnosed disability
- Identified developmental delay
- English is secondary language in home
- Parent low educational attainment
- Abuse/neglect of child or parent
- Environmental risk
For more information contact Jenni Galazka at 734-785-7705 x7185 or email@example.com, or Roseanne Heppner at 734-785-7705 x7145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a difference and donate to the following programs and campaigns.
We greatly apprechiate your support.