The Guidance Center’s Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) is a high quality preschool program for four-year-old children with factors that may place them at risk of low educational obtainment.
What do we offer?
- Full day classes Monday – Thursday
- Certified teachers who work in partnership with parents
- A safe, nurturing learning environment
- Four program locations:
- Sunnyside Children's Center in Huron, MI
- Walter White Elementary in River Rouge, MI
- Erving Elementary in Woodhaven, MI
- Yake Elementary in Woodhaven, MI
What is our goal?
Our primary goal is to provide four-year-old children, who may be at risk of low educational obtainment, with a high quality preschool experience that will prepare them socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically for school and for life.
Who can receive services?
Families with a four-year-old child who reside in or near the program locations are welcome to enroll if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Age of child verified by birth certificate
- Residency of the family
- Annual income
- Documented factors that place the child at educational risk: - Extremely low and low family income
- Diagnosed disability
- Identified developmental delay
- English is secondary language in home
- Parent low educational attainment
- Abuse/neglect of child or parent
- Environmental risk
For more information contact Donna Robertson at 734-785-7715 or 734-785-7705 x7944 or email@example.com, or Andrea Gamber-Smith at 734-785-7705 x7574 or firstname.lastname@example.org.